Nav Bar

[...]

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Musical Chairs Reading

I just had to share with you the FUN we had in our classroom last Wednesday! We have had a crazy schedule due to testing and haven't had all of our resource classes. Well, during our media time I thought it would be fun to play some games WHILE reading! Yes, that's right! We played musical chairs, READING style!


So, what I did was put a book on each chair. We played a practice round of musical chairs and then I told them how we play this version. When the music stops, you sit down at the chair closest to you and you get to read that book until the timer goes off. When the timer goes off, we play again and you then read the next book you stop at. Obviously in this version, we don't take away chairs and no one gets out.

But can I tell you that they had the BEST time ever! You seriously have to try it. I had kids that don't normally love to read, begging me to read a book again that they stopped at, or really wanting to go back to that chair so they can read it again! WOW! 

If you try it, let me know! Or if you have any other fun ideas like this, I would love to hear about it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment